Products

Friday, September 6, 2013

Mysore Couple - Channapatna Dolls

The design wing of Ramsons Kala Pratishtana is an one-man-army and yours truly is its whole and soul. I have designed few dolls to be developed in Channapatna lacquerware craft form. Last year I had posted the dolls of Krishna. Now I am posting the dolls - Mysore Couple. In a doll festival, dolls of man and wife is considered important. They also represent the King and Queen.

I have designed the man wearing panche (veshti) and shalya. the thing about the shalya (uttareeya) is that he is wearing it in unique Mysore style across his naked upper torso.He also wears a Mysore peta. But because of the limitation of the craft form, the peta had to be changed, which looks like a Kodava peta.

I designed the lady with a side head bun, but again the limitation of the craft form came in the way. But she is wearing the unique Mysore style gatti thaali which has been painted on the doll.

Here is the design that I created on my system, following that is the picture of the dolls created from my design. Please give me your valuable comments.

Design given by me

End product

1 comment:

Shubashree said...

Raghuavare:
Spoke to u today. These dolls are awesome.Please post more pics.